If you’ve ever made mayonnaise from scratch, making your own whipped body butter can be a similar and satisfying experience!
As you blend the mixture, all of a sudden it magically “comes together”!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A hand mixer (preferably with a higher speed)
- A Double Boiler
- A glass mason jar (TIP: dedicate a mason jar to your D.I.Y.’s that call for melted Shea or cocoa butter, or beeswax…You don’t need to wash it out each time, simply put the lid on and store it away until the next ‘melting’ session.)
- Glass jars or P.E.T. containers – enough for dividing 12 to 14 ounces of body butter
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter wafters or callets
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut oil (the kind that’s SOLID at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup pure Grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup Young Living Lavender Hand & Body lotion, or an unscented natural plant based lotion such as Carina Organics, or an unscented natural Vitamin E cream.
- 1/8 cup pure Aloe Vera juice or gel.
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil.
- 3 or 4 drops pure vegetable glycerine (optional)
- 20 to 30 drops of your favourite Young Living Essential Oils (Lavender, Lime, Stress Away™, Gentle Baby™.) Gentle Baby™ blend from Young Living is perfect to add for a “belly butter” for expectant mama’s.
Melt Shea butter, Cocoa butter, and Coconut oil in a large mason jar in the top of a double boiler (be sure to add an inch or two of water to the top of the double boiler as well, for the mason jar to sit in). Be careful not to get any water in the mason jar. Stir until melted then add the Grapeseed oil. Remove pot from heat.
Using oven mitts, carefully lift the mason jar out of the water, and pour the melted mixture into a glass mixing bowl.
Refrigerate mixture for about one hour until it’s just starting to ‘set up’.
Remove from fridge and using a handheld electric mixer, at a lower speed beat in the Aloe juice or gel, the Young Living Lavender lotion (or unscented plant-based lotion), and the Vitamin E oil.
Continue beating, adding the Young Living essential oils of your choice.
Continue beating at HIGH speed until the mixture turns white and begins to form stiff peaks.
Using a stainless steel spoon and/or spatula, fill containers with the body butter (tapping to release air pockets and smoothing the top with your spoon.
Voila! You have made a beautiful whipped Better Body Butter!
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: ©2017. Essential Oil Make & Takes, by Jen O’Sullivan.
NOTE: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS NOT INTENDED TO PRESCRIBE OR RECOMMEND A PARTICULAR TREATMENT OR PROTOCOL, BUT RATHER, TO EMPOWER THE READER WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT MIGHT HELP THEM TO HELP THEMSELVES TO BETTER HEALTH NATURALLY.
Re. BETTER BODY BUTTER Essential Oil ingredients: To order the finest, trusted essential oils, of the utmost sourcing, science, and standards, from Young Living Essential Oils – world leader in essential oils – For Starter Kits offered at 50% off and to receive 24% discount, all the time, CLICK HERE!
Canadian Young Living wholesale Member Accounts: