Awareness of what we are using to clean our homes and ourselves.
- Safe, clean, healing environments are important today due to the onslaught of pollutants, chemicals, and global epidemics of antibiotic-resistant superbugs.
- Environmental toxins are found in what we eat, drink, breathe, wash, and clean with.
- We can make simple changes to reduce and eliminate the use of dangerous chemicals and neurotoxins found in typical household and personal care products we currently buy and use.
- Unaware of these toxins, chemical overload affects how we think, feel, and behave –compromising our immune system and targeting our brain.
- Too many chronic conditions are not being linked directly to environmental toxins in the body.
- Advances in quantum physics and biology are showing what shapes our DNA, in fact a new field of science known as “Epi-genetics” is showing how our environment dictates and shapes our DNA.
[Your Right To Know ~ Vibrational Cleaning Guidebook, Sabina M. DeVita, Ed.D.D.N.M., NNCP, IASP, ©2015]
Natural Cleaning Options:
|An all-purpose, non-toxic cleaner. It cleans, deodorizes, scours, polishes and removes stains.
|It deodorizes, removes stains and boosts the cleaning power of soap. It also prevents mold and odours.
||Cleans and deodorizes carpets and rugs.
|Lemon Essential Oil or Lemon Juice, Clove, Cinnamon bark, Rosemary, Lemon, or Eucalyptus (E. radiate) pure essential oils
||Citrus oils cut through grease and stains on aluminum and porcelain. All essential oils listed are Antibacterial, antimicrobial.
|Pure Castile soap:
||Cleans everything. Gentle degreasing.
|Table salt or Sea Salt:
|A mild disinfectant and makes an abrasive, but gentle, scouring powder.
(dilute acetic acid)
|Removes mildew, stains, grease and wax buildup. Vinegar is a great glass cleaner.
|Cuts grease and disinfects. It will also increase the cleaning power of soap.
Adding pure Essential Oils to ‘green’ household and personal care ‘recipes’ you can easily make yourself, is a wonderful choice and great place to start implementing change.
“I have chosen Young Living essential oils company as my primary and only choice in using or recommending essential oils due to their authenticity and guarantee that they are pure,100% chemical free, organically grown by sustainable and ecological farming practices. Young Living owns and operates their own farms now in 11 countries and upholds the prominent seal of “Seed to Seal” distinction in the aromatherapy industry.” [Sabina M. DeVita, Ed.D.D.N.M., NNCP, IASP]
‘Greening Our Cleaning’ can help change our living environments to healthy, vibrant ones, directly impacting our health and lives!
In 2005 it was estimated that there were 35,000 chemicals in commercial use in Canada, and more than twice as many in the United States. And at that time the national American government was registering an average of 2,000 newly synthesized chemicals each year. [Array Of Toxic Chemicals In Humans Alarming ~ I Am Polluted, Mark Stevenson, The Globe and Mail, ©2005, Bell Globemedia Publishing Inc.]
Contrary to the detrimental effects of over 100,000 manmade synthesized chemicals, the 100 to 1000 natural constituents found in pure unadulterated essential oils from plants, fall into three categories: Natural Plant Phenols, Sesquiterpines, and Monoterpenes. These natural constituents are nature’s detoxifiers and healers.
- Phenols purify, cleanse, and detoxify the human body by cleaning cellular receptor sites (DNA).
- Sesquiterpines stop DIS-EASE processes by deleting or unscrambling bad information from cellular memory (DNA).
- Monoterpenes restore or awaken the correct information in the cell memory (DNA).
There are many resources available to help and empower us with the knowhow to help ourselves to better health – starting where we are living, sleeping, and even working, by replacing the silent, harmful chemicals with do-it-yourself cleaning and personal care products we can easily make with non-toxic ingredients and genuine therapeutic essential oils.
Young Living’s THIEVE’S ALL-PURPOSE HOUSEHOLD CLEANER…
…contains historical blend of Clove, Cinnamon bark, Rosemary, Lemon, Eucalyptus (E. radiata) pure essential oils
SAFE. NON-TOXIC. ANTIBACTERIAL. ECONOMICAL.
IT JUST WORKS. See 50 WAYS to use it BELOW…
Incredible cleansing power from a safe, sustainable formulation. Thieve’s all-purpose cleaning concentrate contains ingredients from renewable plant and mineral sources, vegetable-based surfactants AND Thieves pure essential oil blend as well pure Lemon essential oil for extra cleaning power. Bottle is 100% recyclable.
From a 64 oz. bottle of Thieve’s Cleaner concentrate, you will get at least 128 – 30 ounce spray bottles full of amazing multi-purpose cleaner for about .75 cents per bottle!
DILUTION RATIOS: light degreasing 60:1; medium degreasing 30:1; heavy degreasing 15:1; floors 100:1; walls 30:1; upholstery, fabrics, carpet spotting 40:1; carpet 100:1; glass 320:1; pots and pans; 100:1 hand cleaner 1:1.
50 Ways to Use THEIVES Household Cleaner:
1. Clean stainless steel appliances
2. DIY Foaming Hand Soap (Fill a foaming hand soap container 1/4 of the way full with Liquid Castille soap. Add one capful of Thieves Household Cleaner and the rest water.)
3. No streak window cleaning
4. No streak mirror cleaning
5. Clean stove tops
6. Clean ovens (spray, soak, wipe clean)
7. Clean marble, granite, corian, & formica countertops
8. Clean sinks
9. Clean toilet bowls
10. Clean Tubs
11. Clean Showers
12. Grout cleaning made easy (Mix 2 capfuls of Thieves Household Cleaner with baking soda, until pastey. Let soak then wipe away.)
13. Homemade liquid dish soap
14. Freshen Laundry (Add one capful to your laundry cycle)
15. Use as a spot treatment spray on stained clothes (Use 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner to 4-6 cups of water in a spray bottle for spot treatment)
16. Spot clean carpet
17. Clean inside of fridge/freezer
18. Clean microwave
19. Clean outside and inside cupboards
20. Clean inside drawers
21. Wood Furniture Cleaner (1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner with 3/4 c. olive oil and 3 drops Lemon essential oil. Wipe down wood furniture, cabinets, tabletops.)
22. Clean floors & Decks! – linoleum, faux wood, hardwood, tile, composite decking (1-2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner and fill spray bottle with water, mist surface and mop. Also add 1 capful to small bucket of water for heavier floor cleaning)
23. Clean mould from limestone, flagstone walkways (use formula from #22 for floors, and a stiff bristled push broom).
24. Clean ceiling fans
25. Clean light fixtures
26. Clean sliding glass door & tracks, i.e. shower doors & tracks.
27. Clean your garbage cans (inside and out)
28. Clean walls
29. Clean vents
30. Clean outlets
31. Clean doorknobs & light switches
32. Use in dishwasher (1 capful to bottom)
33. Clean pots & pans (soak and wipe clean)
34. Use the light de-greasing ratio for walls, outlets and vents
Wipe down toys and baby items (soak sticky toys in sink with water)
35. Clean exercise equipment (yoga mat, weights, equipment)
36. DIY hand cleaner (2 oz. spray bottle and 1/4-1/2 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner, fill with water)
37. Spray down matresses
38. Freshen washing machine using “clean cycle” or just add 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner on regular cycle
39. Clean Fabrics (spot test)
40. Clean around fireplace
41. Clean mantel or tops of cupboards
42. Dust furniture
43. Clean blinds
44. Add to ‘Rainbow’ style vacuums that use water
45. Add to power washer
46. Clean fountain and/or kiddie pool
47. Clean whirlpool tub (Fill tub and add 1-2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner, then run jets for 5 minutes)
48. Spray down inside of car (dashboard, seats, console)
49. Use to wash car (Add 1/3 cup Thieves Household Cleaner to large bucket of water)
50. Use a little in sink full of water to wash produce when you run out of YL essential oil Produce wash.
TO ORDER Young Living’s famous THIEVE’S CLEANER at 24% off retail ~ CLICK HERE
See more articles here on the OUNCES of PREVENTION blog, about Greening Your Cleaning and Personal Care, complete with ‘recipes’ for safe effective D.I.Y projects.
with joy over safe healthy home environments,
Diana E. Natalie