Smoothies are a great way to ensure adequate intake of macro nutrients (protein, good fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals) as well as adding important protective phytonutrients, antioxidants, trace minerals, and even extra fibre to your daily diet!
TIPS & TRICKS for SMOOTHIE MAKING:
Choose Your Preferred Liquid Base ~ 1 cup per serving
- Organic unsweetened Almond Milk or other nut milk
- Hemp Seed Milk
- Organic unsweetened Coconut or Cashew milk
- Unsweetened organic fruit and/or vegetable juice
- Pure water or hydrogen-rich water
What Makes A Smoothie ‘Smooth’?
- Use an electric blender, handheld immersion blender, or ‘Magic Bullet’-type blender.
- Add a piece of banana, or avocado (avocados are a healthy fat source!).
- Add another healthy fat such as organic coconut oil, cold pressed Flax seed oil, or Hemp seed oil.
TIP: Ripe bananas or avocados may be peeled, cut into portion sizes and FROZEN to preserve them for later use. When you remove a wedge of frozen avocado from freezer, drop into a cup of warm water for a couple of minutes to soften up prior to blending. Frozen avocado is very dense and hard on your blender blade unless softened up a bit first.
Choose 1 or 2 easily digestible PROTEIN options to add to your Smoothie:
- 1 Tablespoon powdered Whey Protein Isolate (80% protein by weight)
- Pure Protein Complete™ or Balance Complete™ or Aminowise™ from Young Living Essential Oils. Or Bulletproof™ Upgraded Whey Protein.
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Hearts
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- A reputable protein powder supplement – generally 1 scoop – follow directions
- A Tablespoon of nut butter (almond, cashew, or 100% pure peanut – if no allergies).
ADD some ‘SUPERFOOD’ COLOUR! ‘Super Food’ Options for protective phytonutrients & antioxidants:
- NingXia Red Wolfberry fruit blend
- Add a handful of Organic Spinach or Kale (stems removed).
- a Green Foods blend (generally 1 scoop of powder, follow directions) or open 2 Multigreens™ capsules & add to smoothie.
- Organic Matcha Green Tea powder (1 teaspoon)
- Spirulina powder (1 teaspoon)
- Berries: Organic Strawberries or Blueberries
- Kelp Powder
TIP: Keep NingXia Red in the refrigerator and add cold to your smoothie. Freeze berries for future use. Or add an ice cube when blending your smoothie.
BULK IT UP with soluble/insoluble dietary fibre options!
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seed (purchase ground when possible)
- 1 teaspoon ground Flax Seed (Golden organic flaxseed, or brown flaxseed). Tip: Grind whole flax seeds in an electric blade coffee grinder.
- OR purchase a ground Chia & Flax Seed blend
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium Husk Powder
LIKE IT SWEETER?
- Add a Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- Add a teaspoon of Agave Nectar
- Add 1/8 teaspoon powdered Stevia herb extract
CHOCOHOLIC? ~ the following additions will satisfy your craving!
- Add 1 Tablespoon potassium & iron-rich Royal Dutch dark cocoa powder, or 1 teaspoon Cacao powder
HORMONAL concerns? Menopause? Memory? Migraines?
- Add 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon of Maca powder
LONGEVITY, IMMUNITY, ANTI-AGING:
Add D. Gary Young’s “Longevity” daily essential oil blend to your morning smoothie: Longevity Vitality™ essential oil blend OR a drop each of one or each of the ‘Vitality’ (US) or ‘Plus’ (Canada) oils (certified G.R.A.S. or F.A. by the FDA, and as NHP’s by Health Canada – genuine Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils: Clove essential oil, and/or Thyme essential oil, Orange essential oil and/or Lemon essential oil, and genuine YLTG Frankincense essential oil.
BUSY MORNINGS or ON THE ROAD?
TIP: Smoothies may be blended ahead of time and stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator or in a cooler, however, it is best to blend and consume your smoothie right away. Nutrient loss is inevitable the longer that delicate ingredients are exposed to oxygen and light.
More About NingXia Red
Did you know?
1 oz. of NingXia Red has the antioxidant power of:
– 4 pounds of carrots
– 8 oranges
– 2 pounds of beets
– 3 cups of raspberries
– 2 cups of blueberries
AND has more beta carotene than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges, contains 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, 6 essential fatty acids, B-vitamins, and vitamin E.
NingXia Wolfberries themselves, offer the highest known protection against the dangerous ‘superoxide free radical’.
The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) test, developed by USDA researchers at Tufts University, is one of the most valuable methods for measuring the ability of antioxidants to absorb dis-ease-causing oxygen radicals. The test showed that the Wolfberry has unsurpassed ability to absorb the bad free radicals. NingXia Red™ has the highest levels of Superoxide-ORAC activity among its competitors.
NingXia Red® is a delicious drink that contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree; a super blend of blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices; natural stevia, grape seed, and pure vanilla extracts; and orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils. NingXia Red provides a whole-body nutrient infusion.
Proprietary NingXia Red Blend 29g Ningxia Wolfberry Puree (Lycium barbarum), Blueberry Juice Concentrate (Vaccinium corymbosum), Plum Juice Concentrate (Prunus domestica), Cherry Juice Concentrate (Prunus avium), Aronia Juice Concentrate (Aronia melanocarpa), Pomegranate Juice Concentrate (Punica granatum) Proprietary Essential blend 50mg Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract, Orange EO (Citrus sinensis), Yuzu EO (Citrus junos), Lemon EO (Citrus limon), Tangerine EO (Citrus reticulata) Other ingredients: Tartaric acid, natural blueberry flavor, pure vanilla extract, malic acid, pectin, sodium benzoate/natural stevia extract.
Serving Size:: 1 fl ounce (29.5 ml) Servings per container:: About 25Calories: 20 Total Carbohydrates: 5g Dietary Fiber: <1g Sugars: 2gSodium: <5mg
IMPORTANT: THE INFORMATION WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT WAS OBTAINED FROM REPUTABLE RESOURCES (linked), LECTURES, AND BIOCHEMISTRY EDUCATION WHICH THE AUTHOR HAS RECEIVED OVER THE PAST TWO DECADES. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PRESCRIBE OR RECOMMEND A PARTICULAR TREATMENT OR PROTOCOL, BUT RATHER, TO EMPOWER THE READER WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT MIGHT HELP THEM TO HELP THEMSELVES TO BETTER HEALTH NATURALLY.
References: Essential Oils Desk Reference, Sixth Edition. © 2014, Life Science Publishing. The Complete Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness, Nerys Purchon and Lora Cantele. ©2014. Experience The World of Essential Oils Version 2.0, Young Living Essential Oils.
To order direct and Save 24% on the Proprietary NingXia Red wholesome beverage blend or any of the Young Living essential oils or wellness products produced with utmost purity mentioned in this article CLICK HERE
For questions or further information email Diana at: email@example.com