“When life gives you ‘lemons’? … try a little YLTG lemon oil!”
Lemon essential oil, cold pressed from lemon rind, is useful for SO many things! Did you know it takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilogram of lemon essential oil?
The uplifting, invigorating, fresh aroma of pure lemon oil has been found to promote clarity of thought and purpose, boost immunity, induce relaxation, and reduce depression and anxiety.
Lemon essential oil is extremely high in Monoterpenes, infinitesimally tiny molecules that can enter the blood stream in minutes.
Lemon essential oil supports the regeneration of white blood cells, stimulates the production of red blood cells and purifies the blood.
The key constituent in lemon oil is Limonene, a potent antioxidant phytochemical, studied for its ability to prevent DNA damage linked to cancer and accelerated aging, and extensively studied (in over 50 clinical studies) for its ability to combat tumor growth.
Lemon oil has also been investigated for its potential to reduce LDL cholesterol levels and stimulate normal peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction of the bowel which aids proper elimination).
Lemon creates alkalinity in the body and improves the function of the pancreas, gallbladder and liver. Genuine Lemon Essential Oil is approved by Health Canada as a ‘food flavouring’ and by the FDA as a dietary essential oil. One or two drops may be carefully ingested mixed with olive or coconut oil in a cellulose or gelatin capsule, OR mixed in water or juice, for short term mild detoxification purposes, or to ease digestion, acid reflux, and to expel gas from the intestines.
Lemon oil has been found to have the following medicinal properties:
- anti fungal, mold, and mildew
- immune stimulating
- anti parasitic
- fights urinary tract infection
- antidepressant – lifts feelings of sluggishness and apathy, brightens your outlook, leaving the mind alert and clear
- beneficial to circulation
- helps digestive function
- Did you know that Lemon EO may help detoxify the Pineal gland, improving memory and what’s known as “brain fog”?
- Did you know that Lemon EO may help with relaxation?
- Did you know that lemon oil can support lymphatic drainage and help you overcome a cold fast!? Try mixing genuine Lemon EO with coconut oil or V-6 carrier oil and rub it on your neck, or on Vita Flex points on the feet.
- Diffuse lemon oil to lift mood & fight anxiety or depression.
- Put a drop of pure YLTG lemon oil in water to support metabolism & weight loss.
- Reduce wrinkles, cleanse skin & combat acne with lemon oil in skin care D.I.Y.’s.
- Carry Lemon EO with you as a natural hand sanitizer.
- Stop external bleeding such as nosebleeds and wounds after tooth extraction.
- Use as a surface disinfectant.
- Use as natural ‘Goo-Gone’ to unstick residue left behind from stickers and gum.
- Use neat on a cloth to spruce up jewelry & silverware.
- Forgot the laundry in the machine? Add a few drops of lemon EO and re-rinse. No more nasty odour!
Inhale lemon essential oil directly, diffuse, or apply topically – Always dilute Lemon essential oil 1:1 with a carrier oil (i.e. one part lemon oil to one part carrier, such as V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex, coconut oil, or sweet almond oil.
Cautions: When applying lemon oil to skin, avoid direct sunlight or UV light for 24 hours. Some citrus oil may cause short term photo-sensitivity.