“Frankincense is good for everything from gout to a broken head.” [Egyptian saying] Today we might say, “Frankincense is good for everything from head to toe.”
“Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man”, frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, the Ebers Papyrus (16th century BC), an ancient Egyptian list of 877 prescriptions and recipes.
In ancient times wine was fortified with Frankincense to aid digestion. Frankincense is the second-most mentioned oil in the Bible next to Myrrh. It is referred to eighty-one times throughout scripture, including references to its use in stopping a plague (Numbers 16:46-50) and it being gifted by wise men to Mary and Joseph (Matthew 2:11, Isaiah 60:6) for anointing and care of their Christ child, Jesus, throughout his infancy to keep Him strong and healthy. By this time, it was commonly understood that Frankincense was a healing oil good for almost anything from scrapes and bruises to the common cold.
Frankincense, with it’s spicy, woodsy, sweet aroma, has been diffused or burned in churches for centuries and is found in many modern colognes and perfumes, including the women’s perfume Youth Dew® by Estee Lauder, and the men’s fragrances, Aqua Brava®, Giorgio®, and Old Spice®. Frankincense blends well with Lavender, Basil, Cypress, Pine, Myrrh, Bergamot, Patchouli, Citrus oils, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, and Sandalwood.
Named after the Scottish botanist Dr. John Boswell, and British surgeon and herbalist, Dr. H.J. Carter, Frankincense oil is steam distilled from the Oleo-gum-resin that is tapped from the trunks and limbs of the Frankincense tree, a small tree native to North Africa, which grows today in Oman, Yemen, and Somalia. Collecting the gum-resin in the distant and arid regions in which the trees grow naturally, is a painstaking and tedious process, accounting for the high cost of the precious essential oil.
The molecular chemistry of Frankincense:
- Monoterpenes – up to 82% > reprogram cellular memory promoting permanent healing, maintaining normal cellular regeneration.
- Sesquiterpenes – 8%
- Alcohols – 4%
- Esters – yes
- Ketones – yes
Key chemical constituents in Frankincense include Alpha-Pinene (30-65%), Limonene (8-20%), Alpha-Thujene (up to 15%), and Beta-Caryophyllene (up to 5%). The latter of which provides local anaesthetic activity.
Frankincense ~ Properties / Actions in the human body:
- calms the nervous system – antidepressant / anti-anxiety / uplifting / grief / emotional release
- antibacterial / bactericidal – immune stimulant – a good cleanser for boils, ulcers, mouth ulcers, and wounds.
- astringent / tones and contracts tissue – regenerating to aging skin
- cellular regeneration
- expectorant – pulmonary antiseptic – eases coughs, chronic bronchitis, laryngitis, and asthma attacks or shortness of breath
- generally aids in digestion and in expelling gas from intestines
- diuretic properties – urinary tract infections / cystitis / urethritis
Uses & Application for pure therapeutic grade Frankincense essential oil:
- Inhale* directly or Diffuse
- Apply to skin – may be applied NEAT or undiluted, or dilute 1:1 in a carrier oil
- Apply to Vita Flex points (feet / hands)
- Internally as a therapeutic dietary supplement diluted 1:4 with vegetable oil or olive oil in a capsule.
*Frankincense resin may also be burned as incense in an incense burner for inhalation.
Author explains using therapeutic grade essential oil for pain relief following dental procedures. SEE VIDEO ‘Canada Day 2016’.
References: HEALING OILS OF THE BIBLE. DAVID STEWART, PH.D., D.N.M. ©2015, AROMATHERAPY, Essential Oils in Colour, Caddy Classic Profiles, Rosemary Caddy BSc Hons ARCS MISPA, ©1997 Amberwood Publishing, Essential Oils Desk Reference, Sixth Edition. © 2014, Life Science Publishing. The Complete Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness, Nerys Purchon and Lora Cantele. ©2014. Robert Rose Inc.
IMPORTANT: THE INFORMATION WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT WAS OBTAINED FROM REPUTABLE RESOURCES (REFERENCED), LECTURES, AND BIOCHEMISTRY EDUCATION WHICH THE AUTHOR HAS RECEIVED OVER THE PAST TWO DECADES. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PRESCRIBE OR RECOMMEND A PARTICULAR TREATMENT OR PROTOCOL, BUT RATHER, TO EMPOWER THE READER WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT MIGHT HELP THEM TO HELP THEMSELVES TO BETTER HEALTH NATURALLY.
To order the finest oils, including pure Therapeutic Grade Frankincense essential oil, produced with utmost purity from world leader in essential oils at 24% discount CLICK HERE